Small Business Lockdown Assistance Grant
About the grants
The Western Australian Government recognises that many small businesses were affected by the three day ANZAC Day long weekend lockdown. This is why more than $30 million has been committed to help eligible businesses in the Perth, Rottnest and Peel regions recover from this setback. Subject to the terms and conditions and eligibility criteria, payments of $2,000 will be made to eligible businesses that apply.
The payments are to offset some of the direct costs incurred because of the lockdown, such as loss of perishable goods or cancellations, as well as lost bookings due to cancellations. They are not intended to cover lost revenue or potential profits.
Frequently asked questions
Read our frequently asked questions to help you complete and submit your application.
Before starting your application please ensure your business meets all of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- Have your main business location in the Perth, Rottnest or Peel regions.
- Had an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million in the 2019-20 financial year and a valid and active Australian business number (ABN). Note: some businesses may be grouped together for payroll purposes, however to be eligible for this grant, the total payroll for the ABN listed on your application must be below $4 million.
- Be registered for goods and services tax (GST) at the start of the lockdown period stated below, unless the business has an exemption from the Australian Tax Office (ATO).
- Have suffered financial loss as a direct impact of the lockdown measures, such as the loss of perishable goods or the costs associated with cancelled bookings.
- Businesses must be able to provide evidence of this loss if requested, and retain these records for at least 12 months from the date the grant was approved.
- Been adversely affected:
- during the lockdown period over the ANZAC Day long weekend (from 12.01am on Saturday 24 April, until 12.01am on Tuesday, 27 April); and/or
- as a result of trading restrictions in place during the lockdown transitional period (from 12.01am on Tuesday 27 April, until 12.01am on Saturday 1 May).
- Agree to the program’s Terms and Conditions. They should be read carefully as businesses will be legally bound by them once they have submitted their grant application.
- Must be able to provide evidence that its primary business activity fits into one of the general categories listed below:
- cafés and restaurants
- catering services
- pubs, taverns and bars
- specialised food retail
- hairdressing and beauty services
- sport and physical recreation (instruction)
- health and fitness centres and gyms
- accommodation and sightseeing transport
- rental and hiring services
- food wholesalers
- creative industries and performing arts venues
- event equipment hire
How to apply
Before making an application please have the following information ready:
- Full contact details of your business, including the legal business name and trading name.
- A valid and active ABN.
- Evidence of your financial loss. You will not need to provide this when making your application, however it should be available if requested for a period of 12 months after your grant is approved.
- Your business bank account details to receive payment.
- A PDF copy of the front page of your business bank account statement which clearly shows:
- Your BSB and account number
- The account name
- The name of the financial institution
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome v3.0+
- Safari v3.0+
- Firefox v2.0+
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Register on our online grants portal (link below) for a new account and to make an application for this program.
- Commence your application. Applications can be saved and returned to later, but can’t be accessed or edited once submitted.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt. Without this acknowledgement your application has not been successfully submitted.
- Applications must be received by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 30 June 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible and you will be notified of the result via email.
- Payments for successful applications will be made to your nominated business bank account.
To help you to apply and to ensure payments are made as quickly as possible, please read the Program Guidelines, FAQs and Terms and Conditions – Small Business Lockdown Assistance Grant Program document in full before starting your application.