Small Business Cyclone Seroja Grant Scheme
About the grants
The Western Australian Government has announced an assistance package to provide targeted support to small businesses impacted by Tropical Cyclone Seroja. Certain businesses in the emergency region may be eligible for a Small Business Cyclone Seroja Grant of $4,000.
Before starting your application please ensure your business meets all of the eligibility criteria listed below:
Eligible small businesses must:
- Be a registered business with an ABN.
- Have a payroll of less than $4 million and are registered for GST, unless they have an ATO exemption. Note: some businesses may be grouped together for payroll purposes, however to be eligible for this grant, the total payroll for the ABN listed on your application must be below $4 million.
- Be able to demonstrate a loss incurred as a direct result of Severe Tropical Cyclone Seroja.
- Operate in one of the following industry sectors:
- Small retailers such as speciality shops, hairdressers and bakeries
- Tourism businesses including tour operators and fishing boat charters and;
- Hospitality venues including accommodation providers, cafes, restaurants and pubs.
- Be located within the defined emergency region defined as the following local government areas:
- Chapman Valley
- Greater Geraldton
- Mount Marshall
- Shark Bay
- Three Springs
*included in the defined emergency region from 25 May 2021
How to apply
Before making an application please have the following information ready:
- Full contact details of your business, including the legal business name and trading name.
- A valid and active ABN.
- Evidence of your financial loss. You will not need to provide this when making your application, however it should be available if requested for a period of 12 months after your grant is approved.
- Your business bank account details to receive payment.
- A PDF copy of the front page of your business bank account statement which clearly shows:
- Your BSB and account number
- The account name
- The name of the financial institution
Frequently asked questions
Read our frequently asked questions to help you complete and submit your application.
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome v3.0+
- Safari v3.0+
- Firefox v2.0+
- Internet Explorer v8.0+
- Register on our online grants portal (link below) for a new account and to make an application for this program.
- Commence your application. Applications can be saved and returned to later, but can’t be accessed or edited once submitted.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email acknowledging receipt. Without this acknowledgement your application has not been successfully submitted.
- Applications must be received by 5.00pm on Wednesday, 30 June 2021. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed as quickly as possible and you will be notified of the result via email.
- Payments for successful applications will be made to your nominated business bank account.
To help you to apply and to ensure payments are made as quickly as possible, please read the Scheme Guidelines, FAQs and Terms and Conditions – Small Business Cyclone Seronja Grant Scheme document in full before starting your application.